Time to put the "Pumpkin" back in place.

Those of you who have been following this blog may remember back to last November when Rhoda and I loaded up my differential, a.k.a the "pumpkin", and headed for TRF's C.A.R. shop in Armagh, PA., to drop it off for rebuilding. Tom Spadafora returned it a week later looking better than new !


Well, now it's time to put this bad boy back in the frame!  Now, I could have used my super strength to hold this 80 + lb chunk of  metal in place with one hand and install the nuts and washers with the other, but I promised the wife I wouldn't show off, so here is how it came together. :-)

I knew those extra heavy duty cable ties would come in handy some day...just keep inching the diff  into position. 
   Slow but sure.

A six- piece urethane mounting kit from TRF will help insure this process won't be repeated for a long time!


It does take a bit of fiddling / wiggling to get the mounts all in place so the nylock nuts can be installed


I couldn't resist adding a "before" pix of the differential and suspension !



Hey, it's time to quaff a root beer to toast getting a major piece of the drive train back in place !

No comments: