Reality sets in

I was still basking in the glow of TR6 ownership when I found the web site for the TR6/250 car club of America. After an hour of reading past and present forum threads, my TR6 ownership glow was getting quite dim. It seems I had been oblivious to quite a few problem areas on my new purchase !

Oh well, what are a few hidden spots of rust......
What's that you say, the engine bay paint should match the exterior paint ?

But don't those shiny carbs and the fancy valve cover count for something?


Cleaning the engine bay left the interior carpeting soaking wet.....I lifted out the battery to find a big hole had rusted through the battery tray, which is right above the transmission, hence a direct path to the interior.
I was still in denial about the severity of the car's condition, and created a temporary fix for the battery tray.



In the meantime family members were enjoying short rides in my Little British Car....

Daughter, Aleda, home for a visit from graduate school, trying on Tillie.    

 Son-in-law, Jit-Tat, is originally from Malaysia which still has a lot of it's British colony roots.So  the words "boot" and "bonnet" are meaningful to him when talking about cars !



No comments: