Parts That Help You Stop and Turn !

There is nothing like spending a few hours at a British car show to inspire working on your own car !

I'm at the point where front brake calipers and the steering rack are ready to be installed.  Last winter I sent my front calipers and steering rack off to TRF's C.A.R. shop for rebuilding by Tom Spadafora.  Tom takes your original parts, completely disassembles, cleans, then  reconditions them into better than new with things like stainless steel pistons in the brake calipers. 



I elected to upgrade to the EBC "green stuff" brake pads.  Made with Kevlar, these pads provide 20% better braking (claimed) and users report better initial bite when braking, plus less brake dust.


Hey, this is starting to resemble something automotive !



My rebuilt steering rack from TRF and Richard Good's solid machined aluminum steering rack mounts. I don't have a pix of the rack before, but it wasn't pretty !

The rack in place ready to be fastened tight.


When I first started reading the 6-Pack threads, I came across a post that was talking about the steering rack "button" and how you mustn't loose it.  I never did find the original one on my car, so I was glad to see my rebuild included the white button that controls the feel /tightness of the rack.



All done except for inserting the tie rod ends into the steering arms.

No comments: