Time To Tackle The Body

Well, now that I have a rolling chassis, I have to confront the body tub and various panels.  I've been putting this off for almost two years because I don't have the skill set to do it myself, and I know a good body man and painter cost serious money. Here is my body tub....not too pretty




Don't you wonder what's under this mess !?! 


Back in the winter of '09 / '10, I pulled off the front fenders and used a heat gun and scrapper to clean off the worst of the gunk.



I never got to the rear fenders, so I'll be paying to have them cleaned.




A highly recommended media blaster has been located less than a hour away, so it's time to load up a U-Haul and get the body show on the road !


Trying to figure out how to load all the various parts / pieces so they will travel without tearing themselves apart proved to be quite a job.  My neighbor Tom, who is a retired fire chief, came over and worked his magic on the ropes where needed.



 Good old ratchet straps work wonders.

Stay tuned for more car body fun !

No comments: